Long recognized for exterior design of homes, stone has become a popular choice for interior design as well. It is durable and has a wide color and texture variation. Here are some ways to incorporate stone into your interior design or renovation!
• Exposed stone walls can provide unique texture and color. They give your home a simple, earthy atmosphere. Exposed stone walls are also very soundproof and durable, incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
• Natural stone also combines with natural materials as leather, fur, fleece, wool, and cashmere to give your home a comfortable feeling.
• You can also use stone to enhance interest by using it on one feature wall or the ceiling of a smaller room.
• Stone floors are durable. They offer easy care and can last a long time.
• You can add a focal center of interest in your home by installing stone basins in your bathroom or a stone fireplace in your kitchen or dining room. Stone sculptures or stones of interesting shape or texture add interest in a foyer, entrance way, or hall.