Incorporating stone inside the home is a timeless, classic way to spruce up your interior decor. Stone also provides for great sound absorption, durability, and low maintenance upkeep. Here are 3 different tips for decorating your house using stone:
A Rustic Feel
- Stone fireplaces add coziness and comfort to living rooms and bedrooms, and make for an impressive main focal point in a home
- A stone stairwell with a stone wall creates a great rustic atmosphere for you when walking throughout your home
- For a country feel, use rock walls instead of stone, and mix textures for an eclectic look
- Include warm toned stones with earthy colors and rugged textures.
An Elegant Look
- Choose smooth stone flooring with brightly colored walls to create an elegant look
- Opt for using only one wall of stones for a large room, creating a minimalist and modern feel
- Use stones that have cool, muted tones and have monochromatic colors that can blend easily with furniture and room color palettes, providing an elegant atmosphere
- Mix rough textured stone walls or backsplash with modern amenities
- Smooth stone walls and floors create calming and soothing bathroom environments, and are sleek to the touch
Finding A Balance
Too much rock or stone within your home can make a house feel more like a dungeon than a castle. Try mixing stone or rock elements with other materials such as wood or concrete. Brighten up a dark colored stone room with colorful rugs. Construct stone walls within rooms that contain large windows, providing a bright and airy atmosphere. As you blend stone flooring or walls with other textures or colors, you’ll bring a better balance to your home!